Saturday, July 23, 2011

Selfie Attempt

I have been a follower of Elena @ Selfie Magic for sometime now.  Not only is she super cute, & creative, but she gives great tutorials, which I strongly believe can be, and should be applied into our lives.  I, being a photographer, am ALWAYS behind the camera. After my cousin recently lost her baby, it hit me that it would be a tragedy to not have photos of me WITH, not just OF my loved ones, heaven forbid something ever were to happen, or just for great memory sake.  So, in attempt to get better with the remote, etc I tried some 'selfies' for the first time.  The focus is horrible, I know. The lighting not so great (I know), but it's an attempt at front lighting. The creativity of this shoot is non existent. And, because my self confidence is like  -1564864316813831351 or less...I instantly hated them.  Elena said not to be afraid, and post what I think is bad. Maybe someday I'll like one enough to put it on my photography blog, but for now, we'll stick with the personal one.  :)    Can't wait to see the other entries!


**Excuse the dog tail in the back. Little turds they are!


**He was VERY intrigued with the camera shutter going off. Every time he'd hear it his ears would perk up and he'd do the "head tilt". Haha. Goober.




**The one below is a little more dramatic "edit"...tried to make the picture work somehow!


8 comments:

  1. Girl, you're crazy! I love these! I was really expecting something horrible the way you were talking, but these are soooo cool! First of all, i don't see the focus issue ( maybe because the photos are small enough). I love love love the colors: blue, grey and green + your eyes :)
    Honestly, I think this is great, especially if considering this was your first try!
    From now one I want to see your cute face every saturday. You're too beautiful to hide behind the camera!

    Can't wait to hear what other people say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so great!! You did an awesome job!! I LOVE the black and white one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB! You have such beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY love the last edit! the eyes pop. great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding? These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AMAZING!!! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful shots! lovely colors! between the last two shots I prefere the first one (second from the bottom). very natural and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! That really means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete