Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Best year of my life.



I think the title says it all. Despite the seizures, torticollis, rota virus, & a few others things, this year has topped all the others. My little angel turned one a week ago. My, oh, my how time flies! Little Emma Rae has changed so much, but, she still melts my heart on a daily basis. Has for the last 365 (+) days.

She has her one year check up on Friday- I will be sure to post the "fun facts" about her weight, height, etc.

As a small marker on our incredible journey with her, here are some things we love about her at this age:

*Her smile-I have to admit, this will probably NEVER get old.
*Her giggle- Okay, Okay, this will NEVER get old either :)
*Her big BLUE eyes
*Her hillbilly front tooth-straggler, lonely, single, uno-say it however, it makes me laugh.
*Her out of control curly hair-this is a toss up for me some days...it looks so dang cute on her, but she sure puts up a fight when I try to "style" it!
*Saying "momma" & "daddy"- melts my heart, even if it is a cry or a snotty tone (yes, she already has the snotty tone mastered).
*"What does a doggy say"?- Most kids will agree with me and most will first learn "ruff ruff", Emma sticks her tongue out & pants!
*She loves to waive hi & say bye bye.
*She loves to show you & everyone at the grocery store where her belly is after she waives and says "hi".
*She loves to show you where her nose is...& also where YOUR nose is!
*She absolutely LOVES strangers (kinda, maybe, possibly not a good thing). Especially strangers with beards. Example, the Schwan delivery man...she wanted him to hold her & was upset when he left. LoL
*The conversations we have. Pretty sure she thinks she can talk in complete sentences...we can talk together for a long time, about. abs{o}lutely.nothing.
*Her style -well, I love playing dress up...this one I know won't last, so I'll take advantage while she has no other option!
*I love how much she loves to play "get away". She can be crawling, or walking, but she will start to move away slowly, look back, pant like a dog, and wait for you to say "I'm going to get you"!!! She sprints as far as she can, ALWAYS ending in a loud, long giggle when you"catch" her.
*Strangely enough, her red headed attitude. When you tell her "no no" or say "Emma"....she looks at you with her giant baby blues big as they can be (as if she is going to lecture you) slaps her hand down on her knee or the table and gives you such a stern face...like she's pissed. It's quite funny, and it makes me laugh even though she is in "trouble" and trying to give me attitude.
*She is a music girl. She is a dancer. She is a singer. Justin Bieber's "baby" is a favorite around here these days-she likes to sing along with the chorus! It will make any body smile-I promise!
*This next one, may possibly just be something I LOVE...I love how she has made me realize the love that my parents have for me....and how much more that makes me love them...make ANY sense? If I could go back, and do things over....Treat my parents with respect. Spend more time with them, & not complain. Say thank you, even just once in a while...I would. If I could tell them I love them and I was grateful, instead of act embarrassed, I would. If they love me half the amount that I love Emma, which I KNOW they do....it's a pretty incredible amount & I love & respect them so much more than I ever knew possible.
*Last, but not least, her hugs and kisses. This may be obvious to every mother out there, I'm sure it is. She has already had her first kiss in nursery. She loves to kiss a throw we keep over the couch that has teddy bears. She bends down, scrunches, gets on her tip toes, or whatever it will take to kiss the bears on the lips. She loves her baby pictures. She will say "baby" & then hold the picture and kiss the baby. Most importantly, I love her kisses to me. Slobber, tongue, every single bit of it!


{I.heart.her.}

2 comments:

  1. love love love the pictures!.....it only gets better every single day. I can't believe how much my Emma has changed since she turned 1 just 3 months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, ADORABLE festive picture!! Love love love it.

    And secondly, I love her attitude! Hahaha. She sounds so sassy & hilarious. I canNOT wait to meet this young lady!

    And she is so smart. All the things she knows how to do. And yes, baby kisses & hugs are the warmest, most amazing things you get as a mother. That's the biggest pay-day in the universe.

    Although teenagers sometimes don't treat their parents like they should, parents know it's coming. You and I know it's in the near future. But luckily we grow up, have children, and learn what it is to love. Our parents will forgive us... just as we will forgive these little rascals someday :)

    Can't wait to meet your princess. I love her so much already!

    ReplyDelete